What does it mean to submit an Alternate submission?
To submit "Alternate" Submission means to submit more than one submission on the same registration with alternate information or pricing.
The function is only available if the agency posting the bid allows for "Alternate" submission.
IMPORTANT - This is not automatically available for all bids.
How to submit an Alternate Submission?
Once logged into the account, the My Bids Page displays the following:
- Invited to Bid - List of bids that the supplier account has been invited to by the agency
- My Active Bids - List of bids the supplier account has registered for
- Bid Submission History - List of bids the supplier account has registered for and have closed
Once registered for a bid on the Supplier account the action item will display as "Start Submission"
Once the "Start Submission" link has been clicked and first submission initiated the links will change to: (Only Available if Agency posting bid allows for Alternate Bid)
- "Resume Submission" - Resume the first initiated submission
- "Start an Alternate Bid" - Begin a New submission for the same bid with alternate pricing or offering
Once "Start An Alternate Bid" is initiated - Supplier will be asked to assign a name to the "Alternate Bid"
Once "Create" is clicked
Supplier is brought to the "Alternate Bid" Submission to complete.
If the "Alternate Submission" is not completed and submitted, the supplier will have the ability to manage the submissions or create another "Alternate Submission" from the dashboard.
How to Manage "Alternate Submissions"
Supplier from Dashboard will click on "Manage My Submissions"
Pop up window will appear allowing Suppler to "Start" or "Resume" their initial submission or the "Alternate"
- Name of the Submissions can be edited by clicking on the submission name.
- Start/Resume Submission - to start submission
- Alternate or Initial "default" bid can be deleted by clicking the red X
Once the bid has been submitted on, either the Alternate or Default the dashboard will display that in Submission status that 1 has been submitted and the other is in progress.
In order to continue to the "Alternate" or default bid the supplier must click on "Manage My Submissions"
This will allow the Supplier to continue to the incomplete submission (in this example the default submission) or View/Edit or Withdraw the Submission already completed.
Note the status for both bids