You are able to create templates for bids that you issue. You are able to copy those templates when starting a bid, so that you don't ever need to start a bid from scratch, saving you time and effort.
How to: Create a Template
- Navigate to the “Bids” tab:
- In the Search tab – at the bottom of the page, click “Create”.
- You will be re-directed to the Bid Detail tab.
- In the Bid Detail tab, switch the status to 'Template (Copy)':
- Click 'Yes' in the dialogue box that pops up:
- Fill out as much information as you can in the Bid Detail tab. The information that would change on a bid-per-bid basis, such as the publish and closing dates, you can leave blank.
- If you are accepting electronic submissions, don't forget to click on 'Online Submissions Only' to enable the eBids tab. You will be able to build table templates for your bid in there:
- Once you've filled in the information in the Bid Detail tab, click 'Save' at the bottom or the top of the page.
Building Tables into your Template
In your template, you are able to pre-build tables/submission requirements so that you don't have to build them from scratch when starting a bid. In the template, you would build the upload areas, questions, and tables the same that you would in a regular bid. However, you don't need to provide all of the detailed descriptions that would change on a bid-per-bid basis. For example, if your table has a 'Description' column, you can just write "Insert Description Here" instead of the detailed description, like this:
For detailed explanations on how to navigate the eBids tab and build different types of tables, please consult this section of the Buyer Support Portal: https://bidsandtenders.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000491092-Guides-eBids-Tab