Creating an Account with bids&tenders
There are two types of Accounts in bids&tenders
Creating a free supplier account allows preview access to all public bid documents and registration for bids for a one time bid payment fee.
Notifications are sent out either Daily or Weekly based on Agency requirements.
- Daily - only for those Agencies without "subscription required" next to their name in the Agencies list in the Manage Account area. (see Agency Notifications below)
- Weekly – for those with “subscription required” next to their name in the Agencies list in Manage Account area. (see Agency Notifications below)
To create a FREE ACCOUNT with bids&tenders only takes a few minutes.
Follow the steps below:
From the main site bidsandtenders.com and select one of the three options:
- Bid Opportunities,
- Suppliers, or
- Bid on open projects.
Then select Sign up.
If starting from an organizations site, it may look like this.
Sign up or Create Account page will take users to the Create account page. Read through the key information on this page in regards to creating your account.
- Provide all the required information in the fields on this page (Indicated by the Red asterisk *)
- Legal Company Name - You must enter your company’s official Legal Name in order to avoid any confusion when registering for bids. Once this is completed you will not be able to change it. (Check out the FAQ's - Changing your Legal Company Name)
- Emergency Vendor - Indicate whether you would like to be an Emergency Vendor.
What is an emergency vendor? - In the event of an emergency such as power outages, extreme weather situations, fires, floods and spills the Procurement Department is develop a Vendor Emergency list. By clicking on “yes” and providing emergency contact information, you agree that this information can be used during an emergency specific to your category. *Note this is not a commitment to purchase
- Categories – Selecting specific categories that suit your organization will generate notifications. An Agency selects the category for a specific bid once this bid is published if the category exists in your account a notification will be generated. Click on this guide to further help navigate your category selections.
- Agency Notifications
Select all Agencies that you would like notifications from.
Free Accounts will also receive “subscription required" notifications however, only in a weekly digest.
Subscription Accounts will receive all notifications on a daily basis.
To purchase a subscription complete the Free Account set up, then navigate to the subscription area.
- Contacts - Enter your fist and last name, email address and create a password that you will use to access your account
Note: Passwords must be a minimum 6 characters in length, TWO UPPERCASE and One special character – ie; FrenchFrie$
Multiple Contacts – Your bids&tenders account allows up to 10 emails to be associated with your account. To add another contact click on the button “Invite another Contact”. Fill out the required information. In this area you can indicate if this person will be the primary contact on the account. This individual will be sent an email notification (invitation) to create their own password.
- Terms of Service – Click to agree to terms of service. Please ensure that you read and understand the terms of the service agreement.
Once you have completed adding all required information click on Continue. This saves all the information you have added.
Once the continue button is clicked the system will redirect you to the Subscription Page. If this is NOT what you want simply click out of this section click on any of your account options at the top of your screen. To edit account information, click on Manage account. All the information filled in above is stored here.
A subscription provides - All notifications to all organizations publicly posted bids and provides unlimited registration to all Publicly available bids (some exceptions apply)
To purchase a subscription, first create a free account (above) then follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Subscription area
- Select Subscription Option
- Click Register
- Click Checkout in Shopping Cart
- Follow the prompts to pay online
Note: Paying online with Credit Card is the only option for payment.
You have successfully created your bids&tenders account.
Now let’s start bidding!